Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moving on

Every day I begin to learn new things and new ways to go about my work. For those of you who didn't know, every Mac actually has an application, Automator, that looks like a little robot, and this robot can help you with so much! It allows you to batch edit basically anything!! I used it specifically to rename, for example, I needed to change file names from BB GAME 1 to BB_GAME_1, and it allows you to do that without having to singularly rename each one. Functions like this will continue to help me way after I am done working there. I am now working more with the University of Utah's jumbotron videos and the fan games that they do. It has definitely been really interesting to see all these different things that go into making something that most people at a sporting event don't think twice about! Never again will I be able to go to a professional sports game without looking at the jumbotron and thinking of what went into making the video currently being played. Today although, I would like to side track just a bit. I have had the honor of helping Middle Creek High School's theatre department by creating the poster for their production of Arsenic and Old Lace. Last night I was fortunate enough to go see it, and it is amazing how good of a show they were able to put together. There was nothing more gratifying to me then to see what type of show I was able to help, and just the pure talent that everyone in the department possessed was amazing. If you do in fact get a chance to come out and see, it will definitely be worth your while!

No comments:

Post a Comment